When to Visit
There is no perfect time to visit New York (or should we say every time is perfect). Winters can be chilly with a lot of snow but at Christmas time New York can be magical with beautiful decorations along Fifth Avenue and the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. If you are searching for a more cultural experience then the best time for a visit during performing-arts season in fall or early spring. Summers are often quieter since many New Yorkers tend to leave the city, because it can get steamy and humid.
Top Thing to Do
- Explore the city on foot. New York is one of the most walk-able cities in the world. Central Park and the Brooklyn Bridge promenade are great starting points.
- Get a New York City Pass. You`ll get some of the best deals in the Big Apple and save some money in the process.
- Browse among New York`s truly unique boutiques like Greenwich Letterpress and C.O. Bigelow, the country’s oldest apothecary.
- New York City Hop-On Hope-Off bus tour is a great way to explore the city with lively tour guides to keep things interesting.
- Get something to eat at a Classic New York Pizza Joint. New Yorkers like bragging about their pizza.
- New York is at the forefront of art, so visiting major art museums is a must. Also make sure you visit the Chelsea Arts district and downtown lounge to catch a live-music performance.
- Take a break from the busy city life with a day trip to Niagara Falls.