When to Visit
Thanks to its humid subtropical climate Florence can be visited any time of the year. Even in winter there are great conditions for a pleasant and comfortable stay, but if romance is on your mind than make plans for a summer visit.
Top Things to Do
• If you can, arrange a private tour and see the Bonacossi collection of Renaissance masterworks in the restricted wing of the Uffizi gallery.
• If you are up for a shopping spree than head up to San Lorenzo market and the fashion boutiques around Via Tornabuoni.
• To keep thing interesting and authentic visit Teatro del Sale for a night of Italian food and some great entertainment.
• Arrange a one day sightseeing tour and see Tuscany`s striking landscape.
• Visit Giardino Bardini, a medieval garden named after the art collector Stefano Bardini.
• If you have some extra energy left, spend it cycling from Florence to Rome and explore the beautiful countryside of Umbria.
• Drive a vintage Fiat 500 on a tour from Florence to a 15th century Renaissance villa.