It`s well known that Japanese people, love simplicity and having as less as possible objects in their home. Maybe being exposed to constant earthquakes has something to do with it, but one thing is for sure there is a very powerful psychological idea behind it. The fewer things you have, the less money you waste the more order you have in your home and in your mind as well.
Having a peek inside the homes of ordinary Japanese people and seeing how they live will help us to understand the true value of minimalism…
Take a look…
1. Some of them don`t even like having a bed and prefer to sleep on the floor on a simple mattress.
2. Toothpaste and other toiletries are carefully hidden on ledges.
3. There are no extra clothes in the wardrobe besides what is worn every day.
4. Only a table and chair in the bedroom.
5. I guess sometimes you don`t even need a chair.